Thursday, December 17, 2009

First Swings

Well, I finally got a kettlebell this Monday. I don't have too much to report because I'm taking it slow. Pavel advises a new kettlebell user to "practice," rather than "work out" for at least a couple of weeks. It is vital to hone proper form as a beginner, because when you move onto the more complicated moves or higher repetitions, the chance for injury increases if the foundation isn't in place.

I have taken a number of swings and shot video to study my form. At first it was pretty ugly, but I think I'm getting the feel of it now. I'll be on vacation from work next week, and I intend to put in some quality time with the kettlebell and expand my exercises. Thus far I've only done the basic swing and the one-handed swings. I want to start working on the cleans and presses.

I'm still doing research into various diets. And by 'diet' I mean permanent eating habits, not "lose 10 pounds in 10 days" kind of stuff. I'll report on that stuff another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment